Last month, the Intercruises’ Spain team handled several operations for TUI’s former vessel, “Mein Schiff 1”, transforming it into the all-new Marella Explorer, while also handling the ship’s high-profile first call in Palma de Mallorca.
The ship was dry-docked for a period of 31 days in the Port of Cadiz, during which the following services were carried out:
- Documentation prior to ship’s arrival
- Immigration, customs and visa services for crew and onboard items
- Crew transfers and accommodation
- Logistics: including the transfers of heavy materials, provisions and spare parts
- Entertainment: the organization of excursions, sports events and parties for the crew
- Bunkering services: coordinating between the ship, fuel provider and shipyard
Following the successful operations, the ship then went on to Palma de Mallorca for its official naming ceremony – an event that was attended by hundreds of Marella employees, partners, suppliers and media. The night’s festivities also included a very special appearance (and performance!) from British R&B legend, Craig David!