Mark Robinson, Chairman, and Olga Piqueras, Managing Director, took part in this year’s (and first ever) CLIA Cruise Summit at Sea. Taking place aboard MSC’s newest cruise ship (MSC Preziosa), the Summit brought together over 120 leading cruise industry executives for four days for networking and to discuss key topics, such as port operations, health, destination development, environment, security, and safety.
Mark Robinson participated in the premier panel on entitled “Port Development and Port Operations” alongside:
- Giora Israel, VP Global Port & Destination Development EuroMed Carnival Corporation
- Adam Sharp, Head of Port Operations & Guest Port Services Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines
- Gianluca Suprani, Head of Global Port Development & Shore Activities MSC Cruises
- Elisabetta De Nardo, Director Port Operations & Bunkering Silversea
- Gary Lemke, EVP Ports Abu Dhabi Ports
Intercruises sponsored the event; hosting the “Summit at Sea Welcome Drinks” reception in the Renaissance Barcelona Hotel and “Summit at Sea Party” on board the Preziosa. Entertainment was organised for each night of the summit, including a Karaoke competition in which Mark competed in and Olga adjudicated.
Other notable cruise industry executives include:
- Michel Nestour, VP Global Port and Destination Development EuroMed, Carnival Corp
- Paul Britton, Marine Operations Manager, Disney Cruise Line
- Frank de Heer, Vice President Operations, Disney Cruise Line