Crystal Cruises’ guests were lucky enough to enjoy the Intercruises’ debut of the Downton Abbey Experience tour – this year’s ShoreX Factor winner. Feedback from guests was excellent and the excursion proved it was a worthy winner of the ShoreX Factor.
Tour Itinerary (Warning, Possible Spoilers)
- Commencing at the exclusive Savile Club in London, guests had the opportunity to explore the Downton Abbey entertainment venue, in which Lady Rose (from the TV Show) famously flirts with American Jazz singer, Jack Ross.
- Dining in opulent surroundings, guests then sit down to a sumptuous two-course lunch in the Grand Ball Room
- Guests began their day at Basildon Park, memorable from the Downton Abbey 2013 Christmas special poker room scene
- Leaving Basildon Park, guests were then brought to the town of Bampton, or as it is better known, Downton Village, where they had the opportunity to meet with locals who share their homes with the Downton cast during filming.
- Guests then departed the village in style, with a fleet of vintage cars waiting outside to chauffeur them to Highclere Castle, where they met Lady Carnarvon, owner and resident of Highclere castle before enjoying an evening champaign reception.