CLIA has presented its annual State of the Industry Report, once again projecting strong growth for the global cruise industry in 2015. According to the findings, a record 23 million passengers are expected to set sail this year, 4% more than in 2014.
CLIA has also identified seven cruise industry trends for 2015:
- Travellers will continue to set sail, as the number of cruise passengers continues to increase
- The size of cruise ships is becoming less relevant, the focus being more on design and amenities
- Speciality cruises continue to thrive
- The Caribbean remains the most popular destination, but the Med will continue to grow
- Itineraries will continue to offer new and exciting destinations around the world
- Travel agents continue to be key to cruise travel